background

My house...

Don't read this if you don't want to hear a momentary rant...

I feel like my house may be the death of me!  (Yes, I know there's a lot worse things going on in others' lives, this is just my drama and my blog to vent.)  Who knew that something I was so proud of, something I loved so much, would be the very thing that is causing me the most stress in my new life.  I know this too shall pass, but I really need it to pass quickly because I need to be done with this.  Basically, my old roommate moved out at the end of December. (I'll spare all the drama with that bc I could strangle her, but I love her family too much.)  She cut the power off to the house before it could be cleaned even though I was explicit about it in the contract.  So now, after it's been thoroughly cleaned, there is still a foul smell coming from somewhere.  I don't know if it was something that she left in the fridge or if there is a dead animal in my house somewhere or what it is.  I thought the whole purpose of using a rental company was so I didn't have to worry about things that went on with my house...guess that's just after they get a renter and start making money! Ok, so maybe they are doing things for me that I don't know about or just not in the time frame I'd like.   Thankfully I do have wonderful family that have volunteered to help.  My mom even lovingly planted some new flowers in my front beds to add a little curb appeal.  Thanks again for that!  Then there's the lovely City of Valdosta water department.  I had the water temporarily turned on so that the maids could come in and clean the house.  I explained that over the phone and the woman (yes I know I should have gotten her name) said it would be no problem to turn the water on and we even discussed when it would be cut off.  I got a bill for trash pickup, which I didn't use, and the water is still on.  I called and after 3 messages got to talk with a lady who said she'd be happy to check into for me...do you think she's called me back? nope.  PS  they only waive the trash pickup/new account fee for realtors who have multiple properties.  Hmmm.  I will say GA Power has been the easiest to deal with!  Also, paying for something that I'm not using and have no intentions of ever using again is painful...check that off my list of things I won't ever volunteer to be again.  Yes, I'd sell it if I could.  It's just that the market is bad in Valdosta and there have been a couple of foreclosures in my neighborhood.  Guess it's just gonna be my cross to bear for right now.  I'd just sure like to be putting all that money in savings for a place of my own in Nashville when that time comes.  But yes, I KNOW how fortunate and blessed I am to have such an amazing, loving, giving cousin that allows me to live in her home. Hopefully I'll be able to look back on this post one day and laugh at myself for ever not trusting in this part of God's plan.