background

JAN 18th-24th


My cousin Kristy post this video on her facebook. I have seen it before and thought it was a good display of how Satan tries to get to the children of God. No, I don't relate to all the scenarios acted out in the skit, but definitely feel the relevance of it. You see I am trying to grow my walk with Christ. I am trying to rid myself of some of the bad habits I have gained over the years and am trying to become the child He wants me to be. I am in a Bible Study now on the book of Esther by Beth Moore. I couldn't believe in only 1 week how relevant some of the things being taught were to my present situation. (God is good) I am trying to be a prayer warrior. I know what it feels like to give and receive those words of I'll pray for you, but wondering if it ever really gets done. I am so incredibly blessed, way more than I deserve and I need to start acting that way. I realize that Satan doesn't like the fact that I am trying to live a better life for Christ. I have felt attacked in the past week. No, I don't think Woe is me. I do know I am a work in progress. However, I'm here to tell Satan to leave me alone! If you've ever felt attacked or defeated, I am sure you understand where I am coming from. I pray that God will help me get rid of the old, be self sufficient in HIM and continue to grow. PS I still miss my dad. I still cry just about everyday. I just think God is doing an overhaul on me and part of that had to be done by breaking me. I want to continue to live my life to make both my earthly father and my Heavenly Father proud of me. My favorite quote of the Bible Study this week was "You can't amputate your history from your destiny. They both have their root in Jesus." God Bless!

1 comment:

Aunt Lulu said...

wow! that is awesome. excited to hear you are starting esther!! we started ours this week too and i cant seem to get enough. i cant even imagine the lives that will be strengthened thru it. it is such a blessing to me as I watch HIM grow you. i love you baby girl!! lulu