background

James Eunice has been found...

1-31 The Valdosta Daily Times and the Lowndes County Sherriffs Department confirms that the body of James Eunice was recovered at Ocean Pond this morning. My heart is so conflicted right now. I've prayed so many times for his body to be found so that the family might have some sense of closure yet I know with this comes a whole new set of days of grief and healing for them. An overwhelming response from the community doesn't even sum up what an impact James had on the people he knew and never will know. There will be a special prayer service at CrossPointe Church today at 2:30 pm. The funeral is set for Saturday at Cross Pointe. My prayer is that people will cling to God now and in the days ahead. I pray that God would protect the hearts of all those involved and bring His peace in their lives. I pray that God will continue to be glorified in the days ahead just as James would have wanted. Can you imagine that this whole time James has been held in the arms of Jesus as He says to him, Well Done, my Good and Faithful Servant.
I leave you with some words that James wrote in April of last year after losing a friend...
"Take the time to love someone. Today, tomorrow, for the rest of your life. Because when that unexpected day comes that they pass on, you'll be left wondering what you could've done better." -James Eunice

1 comment:

Liz said...

Thank the Lord that he has been found. Of course, the truth is that he was FOUND a long time ago. This is only a comfort for those who loved him, for he has been being comforted in God's arms for over two weeks now. My mom said that they thought they had found him Sunday afternoon (she has been out there all week organizing food). I guess they were close. Now for the healing to begin.