background

Woo Hoo...Another Baby in the Family!

1-25 My precious cousin, Whitney, and her husband, Jody, are having a baby!!!!! They have prayed for a child for a long time. They live in Oregon and she told me via phone on Thursday 1-20. I had to keep it a secret for the weekend which wasn't easy. I was so excited to share the news on my blog because they are a perfect example of praying for something you desire and long for and God's faithfulness to bless His children in His time. Faith is an amazing thing. I wish I could say that I am able to trust God for everything, but I'm human and I'm working on it ;) I am continuing my study called "No other gods". The writer was single at the time she wrote it. She thought only single people struggled with trying to find their identity. In doing the study, she realized it happens to everyone. We get caught up in being wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, career women, and forget that our sole identity should be found in Christ. So that's what I'm working on now. I'm trying to focus on who Christ wants me to be and be happy with that. My study this morning was on Hannah and how "The Lord had shut up her womb" The question was posed, "How do you think Hannah was enriched by God's closing of her womb?" Wow, what if we looked at every situation that we dread, that brings us pain, fear, and doubt, and ask...What is God doing in me because of this? Just some food for thought today. I hope you all are blessed this week.
Congrats again to Whitney and Jody Duvall and their soon to be little one...coming around August 10, 2011. Thank you God for your blessings!!! 1 Samuel 1:27 "For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him."

No comments: