background

OFF TO A GOOD START

1-1-11 New Years Day was spent eating some traditional NYD food that Karen made for lunch. I gave my sweet friends a massage that day too as my thank you for letting me stay with them. Saturday night, Devin and Karen were able to get a babysitter so we met Zak's friends, Nathan and Kelly, for dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse. It's so nice to know that I can actually make new friends out of my comfort zone. We laughed so much during dinner that I think we kept the restaurant entertained.
The guys and their almost matching Converse shoes. Funny to me.
Karen, Devin, and me. Since it rained during the night, the temp dropped and I got to experience a little bit of TN cold. No snow though. (Of course it snowed like 5 days after I left :( )
1-2-11 Long Hollow Baptist Church They still had their Christmas set up which included floating windows with snow on them and wintery looking trees. Very cool. They had a guest speaker so unfortunately I didn't get the full Long Hollow experience. However, the Praise Team was amazing. Absolutely ushered me into the spirit of praise and worship.
Karen and I dressed for church.
Highlight of the day was getting to see my fabulous cousin, Raeanna, that lives in Nashville. We went to this cool eatery called Fido's. I was still stuffed from lunch so I didn't get to try any of their famous food, but I did have a super yummy coffee drink and cookie while we chatted. Side note: I've never seen so many Mac computers in one place before. We had a great time catching up with each other. No offense to the rest of the fam, but it was nice to be able to have a one on one chat about life without any interruptions. I love you Raeanna and am praying for great things for you!
I was actually going to leave Sunday afternoon to head back, but was convinced to stay one last night which worked out great to be able to hang out with Raeanna and my new friends! After my afternoon in the city, I headed back to Devin and Karen's in Gallatin for pizza and a movie with Zak, Nathan, and Kelly. This is Nathan and Preston playing before bedtime. So cute.
Karen and her little buzz light year.
1-3-11 All good things must come to an end. Karlyn and I before I headed out.
The girls
Thank you for being such a great friend and hostess!
Love to you always!!

My trip was amazing. I had an incredible time with great friends and came out of a vacation with some new friends. Who knows what the future will hold, but I know who holds my future and who is looking out for my best interest. That's what I'm praying right now. Lord, you know my heart and it's desires. I want them in your way and your time. Please help me be content in the now and keep preparing me for the later.
Karlyn stuck this in my jacket one day while we were playing. I didn't know it until after I got home. When her Mama asked her why, she said "I didn't want her to forget me." How sweet is that!


I hope this video will play. If not, I'll have to redo the post. 1-7-11 I went to hear The Isaacs perform in Macon. They actually wrote this song, but Mike and Kelly Bowling recorded it and sing it. However, they sang it at the concert and I couldn't help but cry. I just kept thinking back to all those times I've cried out to God and He's heard my cries and answered my prayers. It reminded me that with everything I am facing, He's still there and He does hear my cries.
My new friend, Nathan Fauscett, plays the drums for The Isaacs. His nickname is Spikit, get it?
Ben Isaacs
The Isaacs. I first heard them in concert like 10 years ago when Devin was singing with The Dixie Melody Boys. They are a bluegrass Gospel group and I never thought I'd say I liked bluegrass. However, they are such talented Musicians and their blend is incredible.
Sonya Isaacs Yeary has a voice like no one I've ever heard! Side note: Her husband Jimmy Yeary co wrote the song "Why Wait" that is country stars' Rascall Flatts #1 song right now. It's about their relationship. So cool! They were married in 2009 and she is 11 weeks pregnant.


Becky Isaacs Bowman



Spikit, me, and Kelly after the show.


The really interesting part about Kelly is that she lived in Valdosta for 6 years getting her degree at VSU. She even lived in my neighboorhood, but we never met. She is a sweet and funny girl that loves the Lord. I'm so thankful that we met. She's a great advice giver too!

No comments: