background

HELD



The words are so powerful...ofcourse my favorite part is when she says "the sacred is torn from your life and you survive". I never understood what she meant when she wrote,"if hope is born of suffering" until I talked to my friend Devin tonight. Essentially it means this: we would have no hope if Christ hadnt sufferred on the cross for us. I read Boothe's blog. today and she spoke so brilliantly about hope and suffering referring to Job. Job 13:15 says, "Though He slay me, yet I will trust Him." With all that Job was facing, he still told his friends he would have hope,even if God killed him. He would trust that God would take care of him.
It's not our place to know God's plan or to even understand. Because if we understood, would we really have faith? Would we have any reason to live if this awful earthly world was all there is? Would I be crying every night, mourning the loss of my father if I knew that there was sunshine around the bend?(ok so i couldnt think of anything that would make me happy now other than having my dad back) Basically I have to put all my trust in Him in all circumstances and know that "when I can't trace hand,trust His heart"

1 comment:

The Passing Lane said...

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2

I found this and thought of you. You're never walking alone!